Monday, February 25, 2008

Monday, February 25th, 12:14pm (Spain), CC-CS, Seville, Spain

Hola, todos!

What an awesome weekend.  The final went pretty well on Friday, I feel very confident that I did well, and I also received a 99.5 on my final paragraph.  Friday night a bunch of us went to Buddah, a 3 story dance club.  It was a total blast, and we were there until 3 or 4am.  Saturday was pretty laid back... it was pouring rain all day.  Luckily, Maria leant me an umbrella (paragua) so that I could go to the gym.  Saturday night wasn't going to be very eventful; me and some of the guys just wanted to check out a local bar with beers from all over the world, something new.  However, when we got there, it was closed.  We ended up walking around and finding this bar called Long Island, which is supposed to be a popular American hangout spot.  We tend to stay away from those, because we want to meet Spanish people and talk Spanish and all that, but we went in anyway.  We ended up meeting mostly Spaniards, and talking to the bartenders all night... they were really cool guys.  From there we went to a Hookah bar and got tea, then adventured off into the night.  It was getting late, or early, so there wasn't really anywhere to go.  At 4:30 we happened across a Tex Mex place that was open, and I got a DELICIOUS hamburger.  I got home around 5:30, and it was awesome.  Sunday was very relaxed, I went out for coffee with my friend Emily, then she and I met up with my buddy Sam for some more tea.  The hookah bar has Mate, which is a tea specific to Argentina that you drink out of special cups... its delicious.  I'm trying to find the cup and tea to bring home with me... I love it.  
Today we started our new classes, and I have to adjust my schedule.  I have two classes scheduled for the same time on Wednesday evenings, and I'd also like to move up to a more advanced level grammar class.  I'll most likely get into Advanced Present Day Usage.  My schedule looks pretty simple, and it won't be very stressful at all. 
Since many people are going away for the long weekend, Rod, Kent, and Myself have planned an adventure to Madrid.  My friend Megan whom I met at the Consulate in Boston is going to be around, and she said she'd show us some cool places to go.  We're gonna buy bus tickets and head out at Midnight on Wednesday, ride through the early morning and sleep on the bus.  If the three of us split a hostel, it won't be very expensive at all.  

I remembered my camera cable today, but of course the internet is all sorts of messed up so I can't load anything.  I'll try again later.  

Hasta Pronto!

No comments: