Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Wednesday, February 20th, 4:45pm (Spain), CC-CS, Seville, Spain

Buenas Tardes!

Hope everyone is doing well, and that you all are getting some better weather than we are... The other night we got a thunderstorm that actually woke me up from my sleep... and today it is very cloudy and drizzley... not so much fun to walk through.  Anyways, things are going well here... not a whole lot new... got my second test grade, and I got a 90.  That brings my grades to:

Tests: 91.5, 90
Participation: 98, 98
Paragraphs: 90, 98

I'm pretty happy with that.  I went to the movies this past weekend and saw the movie "Jumper" dubbed in Spanish, no subtitles... and it was awesome.  I was able to understand everything, I felt like I was on top of the world.  I also met some very cool dudes from Australia who made me promise I would visit the country before I died, which I am gonna hold myself to.  I also met with my Intercambio yesterday; the school appoints all those who want one a local person to meet with weekly.  My Intercambio is Jhon.  He's Columbian, but he's lived here in Seville for a long time.  He also speaks pretty good English, and he studied for 6 months in Ireland.  He's a really cool guy, I'm glad I got to meet him.  I find myself looking forward to my adventure to Morocco more and more every day, although I met a Moroccan in a bar who very blatantly hit on me (he tried to hold my hand while I was talking to him).  I took some glamour shots of Sophia today, but realized I didn't have a USB cable on me to upload them once I got here to the school.  They will be up soon.  I've got a final for this intensive grammar class on Friday, and then we start regular classes next week for a couple days.  We get Thursday off for Dia de Andalucia, then Friday just because thats how the classes go, so I've got a nice 4 day weekend coming up.  Life is good!
Hasta Pronto!

2 comments:

Mt Wanderer said...

Sweet job on the academics ..... I guess that understanding the movie means that you are doing alright with the language.

Heard that Lourdes may be visiting in Sevilla .... enjoy the time.

Looking forward to seeing Sophia ...

Best ..... Pops

Mt Wanderer said...

Good Luck .... on your final